After playing around with a few online video production sites, Stupeflix, in my opinion, outshines the rest. It enables the user to create a free HD quality video incorporating music, text and images to enhance the storytelling process. And although many of the other sites offer the same features, sites like Animoto limit the video to 30 seconds in length; it was almost impossible to tell my story in such a limited amount of time. Furthermore, any text or photo addition took away from the 30-second time period.
The video I created using Stupeflix titled "Ir + a + infinitive" is a great way to present a simple grammar concept in a more exciting way. I included one of my favorite songs by Carlos Santana and incorporated photos from my study abroad experience in Valencia, Spain. I believe this would serve as a great opportunity to enhance instruction while sharing relevant, personal information with my students.
In addition to creating my own video and using it for instructional purposes, I could have my students use Stupeflix in a similar fashion; in the beginning of the year with my Spanish 2 classes I assign "Mi cosa favorita" project to review present tense conjugation. Instead of creating a poster and presenting it to the class, I could have students use this video site as their visual.
The only disadvantage to using Stupeflix (with Spanish text) is that the final video does not recognize Spanish accent marks and the "ñ". However, this is a small sacrifice to create a visually-stimulating and captivating presentation.
*Click here to watch the "Ir + a + infinitive" video.*


Bien hecho!
ReplyDelete