GoAnimate is a cloud-based web tool which enables users to create animated videos. The user can manipulate everything from the scenery, character design to individual dialogue. One of my favorite features of the site is the ability to change languages; the text-to-voice option exposes the audience to authentic, native speakers. However, the dialogue, at times, can appear choppy. Overall, GoAnimate is a great tool used for digital storytelling.
I foresee many potential uses for GoAnimate within my own classroom. The video I created, "¡Cuéntame de tus vacaciones!" aligns with my current Spanish 2 unit. I could potentially use this video as a listening activity. I would provide students with a handful of true/false questions (in Spanish) to answer based on the dialogue between the characters I created. Students would also have to note any unit vocabulary that they see or hear throughout the story. Furthermore, to challenge my stronger students, students would be expected to either continue the dialogue or even change the ending. I thoroughly enjoyed the personalization and creativity of this site.


Loved it!
ReplyDelete